Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, October 14, 2010

October 15 is...

National Infant Loss and Miscarriage awareness day. It sucks that a day like this even has to exist at all but since it does we should all take some time out of our day to remember the babies that we never got to meet or babies that left the world far too soon. I feel like this is such a taboo topic and woman feel ashamed and they shouldn't. We should be able to openly talk about it and not be scared of offending people.

This subject hits close to home for me since we lost 2 babies, That's right babies not embryos or cells they were babies to us and they are babies that never got to grow and be healthy and meet us. I didn't know how I would feel since I now have a son that is healthy and here but it still hurts a little. I would never change anything or trade Mark for anything but I miss what will never be. It definatly doesn't hurt as much as the past 2 years, which I know is because me arms aren't empty and aching for a baby to hold and love and for that I will always be eternally grateful.

All I ask is for people to take a few moments to think and pray for the families that this day affects. If you have children hug them an extra few minutes and realize just how lucky you are.

No comments: