Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baby Food!

Let's talk about baby food(no Mark isn't eating it yet but he will be soon!). I have known since before Mark was born that I wanted to make his food myself, and then we found out about his allergies(Milk/Soy) and that set it in stone. There could be traces of milk or soy in so much and I don't really feel like chancing it. So for christmas I got a Beaba Babycook and we tried it out today(I'm freezing it for the future).I decided to picture blog it for whoever might be interested in doing this as well!


As you can see I'm using a Beaba Babycook to make Mark's foods and the book I'm using is The Best Homemade Food on the Planet.


I started with four organic Gala apples(one is apparently not in the picture).


I choose to peel all of my apples.


After peeling all of my apples I cut them into small cubes.


This is roughly 2 apples ready to be cooked.


It takes about 10 minutes to steam them.


As you can see after being steamed the portion shrinks a bit. You can see the water leftover in the Babycook still, I pour it into a cup to save for later use.


I pour the apples into the Babycook and add about 1/2 a cup of water(I use the water leftover from the steaming process).


Then you puree until you get the right consistency for you.


I left ours a thicker consistency since I'm not sure how long it will take to use what all I make. I figure I can add more water to thin it out as needed. If its too thin and you need it thicker you don't have the same option


So four apples equal 19 ice cubes of food. The ice cube are approximently 1 oz each.

3 comments:

Shanny said...

Oh my gosh this is so cool!
I had thought of making their food also but have not looked into it, I just assumed I would boil/steam & pure on my own, I had no idea they had special baby making food appliances! Shame on me, I know. I might look into this one too, thasurnks so much for this post, you make it look very easy :)

Mrs.Diff said...

Shanny I love this machine!!! It doesnt makes huge quantities but it does the steam,puree, and reheat/defrost all in one pitcher thingie! It is so easy I made bananas today and will post about that tomorrow(and it was even easier). It ends up being way more cost effecient too even with me buying organic produce.

Megan said...

How awesome! I've always wanted to do that, but I still have a little time seeing as she is only 2 months. I may have to look into this fancy device!