Well I wasn't hoping to write a post about L&D for quite some time but I had my first trip there today and thankfully not a long one.
I started having really sharp pains in my lower abdomen on the inside of my right hip that brought me to tears, I didn't think RLP(rolling Ligament Pains) would be that bad so I called my OB. They suspected RLP but wanted me to head to L&D to be sure since they were lasting for a while and since the pain was so severe. I called Jason home from work and off we went.
I checked into L&D and got admitted to triage where they monitored for contractions and the baby's heart rate. Mark was wiggling and squirming alot, he kept kicking the monitor and trying to hide from it, the nurse had to keep adjusting the monitor and me. I wasn't showing any real contractions so they decided to check my cervix and run a FNN test(Fetal Fibronectin). The FNN tests for enzymes present if you are possibly going into labor.
The FNN came back negative, Thank goodness since we are nowhere near ready for delivery. My cervix is softer than they would like and about a fingertip dilated at the opening so they are going to keep an eye on that b/c it's not a bad situation but not good either at this point it could go either way, the good news is at least we know.
I got sent home with orders to take it easy and moderate activity when I feel up to it. I can honestly say I have never been so scared or fearful in my life as I was today, I'm just praying he stays in there and my cervix stays shut for about 15 more weeks so at least I'm full term, I would rather him stay even longer though.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh my God that is so scary! I know everything will be just fine darling, did they say anything about stitching the cervix if they have to? I'll be praying it doesn't come to that but at least there is an option, glad it wasn't contractions. Sending you lots of "closed cervix" dust" =)
Shanny we aren't sure what they are going to do yet. I'm supposed to just relax and take it easy right now and we should find out more on Thursday at my appt. Thanks for the prayers!
Post a Comment