Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What a day...

So for those of you following my blog for a while, you know that at the end of August Jason and I became temporary foster parents for our nephews. Well my oldest nephew went back to my parents(technically his parents too, they have raised him since birth) and my younger nephew stayed with us.

Well we found out about the pregnancy and alerted everyone just in case any complications arose. They still haven't cleared my youngest nephew to go home and since then they extended the court dates to late July with a possibility of another extention going past my due date in September. At this point we weren't allowed to have a babysitter for more than a couple hours and definately not overnight which would pose a problem if I went into labor while we still had him.

Today I got a phone call stating that they were going to move him into a temporary Foster home and I couldn't hold back the tears. I have so many emotions right now which are escalated by my hormones indeed. It's whats best for him because ultimately we weren't going to be able to keep him(so many problems stemming from my sister and not being able to cut her out of the picture which is what he needs) and the longer he stays here the worse it would be at the end. The good news is at the end of this he will be coming back to family to be adopted if my sister's rights are severed.

I got to meet the Mom of the family where he is at now which made it a million times easier. She told me a little about them and how they became foster parents, they have been trying to have children of their own for 2 years and have had 7 m/c's. She seems like a geniune nice person and is going to let us have visitations once he settles into a routine there.


On the bright side of everything I have my U/S tomorrow at 11:00 Am and we will get to see our baby!

2 comments:

Shanny said...

What an emotional and difficult situation. I'll keep your nephews in my prayers and hope that everything gets resolved. Hope the youngest will be well taken care of at the foster home. GL tomorrow!

The Riesbergs said...

WoW...Your a strong woman that has a huge heart. That is such a hard situation to be in but I give you Kuddos for doing what you have done and will continue doing for you nephew. I'll be keeping your nephews in my prayers and hope that everything gets straightened out for the best.

Keep your chin up!! (((HUGS)))